Those affected by this disease called cancer all agree that no decade is too near to find a cure. Goza Greats are eager to support the Clark County Relay for Life from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Friday, April 24, at Arkadelphia High School’s Badger Stadium.
We will pitch a tent at the host site that will be “out of this world!” Teachers and staff will be selling food and working our game booth. All activities and decorations will be centered on this year’s theme, “Let's Make This Cancer’s Last Decade,” with the decade 2050 being our selection.
The Goza team has a t-shirt designed that they will wear and students can buy. There will be a period of about two weeks to pre-pay and order shirts; these dates and cost will be placed in the daily announcements. We would love to see lots of Goza shirts at Relay for Life.
Our main purpose is to show support for the survivors and loved ones affected by cancer. We also want to contribute to the funding by our various activities to raise money. Below you can read the ways that you can support your school and the American Cancer Society.
- Luminaries are available for $10. An order form is available on our website in the documents section, or by clicking here. If you would like to make a monetary donation, please send a check made out to American Cancer Society.
- Jamberry Nail Wraps. Cute and fun way to donate. See the Goza Facebook page for more details.
- We will have a can food drive. The cans are used the night of the relay to hold candles and then donated to local food banks.
- Student vs. faculty basketball game
- Various concession sales until the end of school
It all adds up and no amount is too small.
Please bring your kids out to support this community activity! If you are interested in joining our team or supporting it in any way, please contact Sarah Moss at 870-246-4291.