Requests for Qualifications (RFQ): Construction Managers
Arkadelphia School District
The purpose of this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is to gather information from selected construction managers that may be used by the Arkadelphia School District to determine a single firm that will be utilized for construction management on future building projects. The RFQ will run in the legal section of the state newspaper.
Construction professionals are expected to have experience for new construction projects as well as renovations and upgrades to existing buildings and sites.
The construction manager will provide bid package development, pricing (guaranteed maximum price), subcontractor pricing and selection, scheduling, project coordination, construction, project closeout, and warranty.
The construction manager provides the client with an extensive range of pre-construction and construction-related services and solutions for projects of varying scope, budget, schedule and complexity. Along with managing the complexity of each project, the construction management professionals build longstanding relationships with clients and design professionals. The construction firm customizes services to fit each client‘s needs and requirements.
Actual projects under this contract may or may not be similar in scope to the ones shown here:
New Educational Facilities
Exterior Glazing and Building Envelope Repairs
Interior Renovations and Repairs
Vertical and Horizontal construction
Waterproofing and/or Roofing projects
Mechanical, electrical, and telecommunications upgrades
Parking facilities design and construction
Structural evaluations and improvements
Utilities design and Life Cycle Cost Analyses (LCCAs)
HVAC, hot water, and lighting systems for increased energy efficiency
Energy audits and preparation of retro-commissioning plans
WRITTEN RESPONSES SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A letter of introduction, signed by an officer or principal of the firm with contracting authority. Include an email address. This address will be used by the School District for all communication related to the selection process.
- Firm profile to include office location, size, and current workload in relation to firm capacity.
- Specific project experience.
- Experience with K-12 Public School Systems within Arkansas, and familiarity with policies and procedures of the Arkansas Department of Education — Facilities Division.
- Key project team members.
- Name and telephone number of the contact person for the project.
- Projects currently under contract with state agencies or educational institutions.
- Proof of current professional liability insurance coverage ($1,000,000 minimum required).
- Proof of licensure or eligibility.
All firms shall be licensed in the State of Arkansas. The District welcomes proposals from firms with a diverse workforce, including women- and minority-owned firms and joint ventures including such firms.
During the evaluation process, the school board reserves the right, in the best interest of the school district, to request additional information or clarification, to perform reference checks, and to request a meeting with the Proposer, or to reject any and all proposals.
The deadline for responses is Monday, March 15, 2021.
Address three copies of responses to: Dr. Karla Neathery, Superintendent, Arkadelphia School District, 235 North 11th Street, Arkadelphia, AR 71923.